$595 plus $344 court filing fee
If you live in Washington, and if your spouse will sign the divorce papers,
then Kevin Hogan, Attorney at Law will prepare and file everything
so that you never need to go to court or attend any classes.
Over 30 years experience.
How much does an uncontested divorce cost?
- There are two separate parts to the total cost — the attorney fee and the court filing fee.
How much is the attorney fee?
- For a flat fee of $595, Mr. Hogan will not only prepare all the divorce documents but he will also file everything with the court.
- So all you and your spouse need to do is sign the legal documents.
What is this so much less than at other law offices?
- Efficiency. Over the last 30 years Mr. Hogan has handled hundreds of cases like yours. So you don’t have to spend a lot of your money on things you don’t need.
How much is the court filing fee?
- The filing fee charged by the court is $344.
Is the $344 court filing fee included as part of the attorney fee?
- No, the court filing fee and the attorney fee are separate.
When are these payments due?
- The legal documents will be prepared for your signature right after the $595 is received.
- Later, after you and your spouse have both signed, then the $344 court filing fee is needed.
What if the legal documents need to be changed?
- Any errors in the documents would be corrected without charge.
- But if you and your spouse later decide to change the terms of the legal documents, such change orders would cost an additional $100.
So if my spouse won’t sign, do I get my money back?
- No. So before you hire any attorney, you should try to determine what your spouse will agree to.